Helps ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations at the lowest possible cost to the company. Coordinate and prepare all statutory filings for review by the Corporate Tax Director.
1. Prepare and/or coordinate preparation of all domestic federal, state and local tax filings, sales and use and related payments in a manner that ensures compliance with tax laws and regulations while minimizing tax liabilities.
2. Overall responsibility for policies and procedures relating to the Company’s sales and use tax obligations, including maintenance of exempt certificates, updating tax rate changes and determination of taxability relating to various purchase or sale activities.
3. Participate in consultations, negotiations and development of written responses to federal, state and local tax audits and inquiries in a manner that minimizes tax adjustments and avoids detrimental precedents.
4. Play an active role in the company’s external audit by preparing schedules/analysis of the various tax accounts and transactions for the period under review.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
• 3 -5 years of tax accounting and compliance experience with consolidated Federal and multi-state manufacturing company.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Quick learner and team player with the ability to multi-task and interact effectively with others throughout the Finance organization.
• Proven success in managing and meeting filing compliance deadlines.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate and work with internal and external customers and vendors.
• Must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• CPA certification and/or MS in Tax.
• Public accounting experience.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with RIA InSource tax software.
Why work for Rogers
With an outstanding work environment, vast developmental opportunities, and a top-notch benefit package, it is no wonder a majority of our employees have been with us longer than 10 years. Come join a winning team!
Rogers Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
How You Can Apply for this Position
Visit us at: www.rogerscorp.com/careers to apply!