About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $112.3bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialised approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organisation.
Through the Man Charitable Trust, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
For more information about Man Group's commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit www.man.com/diversity.
*As at 31 March 2019. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
Purpose of the role
This is a great opportunity to work as part of the Man Group tax team, taking ownership of the reporting requirements for a FTSE 250 group. The team oversees all global tax affairs of the group, thereby offering experience in a broad range of taxes and transactions across the world.
Whilst the primary focus of the role will be delivery of the international group's compliance and reporting, the diverse and fast-paced nature of the business will also provide opportunities to work on advisory projects.
The right candidate will see significant career development putting them in good stead for future progression.
Compliance and reporting
● Management of outsourced compliance processes (both UK and overseas) - including liaison with the finance team and other group wide stakeholders
● Review of UK and International tax computations and returns. Opportunity to own and manage processes across the business
● Undertake group reporting
● Providing tax guidelines, support and advice to finance team
● Undertake transfer pricing related reporting and related BEPS initiatives
● Oversight of International VAT/GST returns
● Oversight of outsourced research and development claims
● Support the Senior Accounting Officer certification and other risk management processes
● Technical research and analysis of the impact of legislative changes
● with senior tax team members, and advisers, to deliver advice on tax matters to the UK and international business
● Support with management of external relationships, including communication with HMRC and other tax authorities
● Attend quarterly business update calls with regional offices to understand and consider any tax matters
● Support advice for Global mobility and other compensation related tax issues
● Strong tax accounting background and highly proficient with spreadsheets
● Strong project management skills
● Ability to work as an integral member of the tax team to achieve both the Group's and their own personal career objectives
● Self-starter with a desire to take ownership and responsibility for their work
● Desire to take on areas of Tax new to them, over time
● Would suit a candidate in practice looking to move into an in-house role, or someone in an in-house role looking for a broader experience across different areas of tax
Diversity, Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man Group
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group also supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments on-site flu vaccinations, a daily food allowance, subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme