Kyowa Kirin International (KKI) have an excellent opportunity for a Group Tax Specialist to join our Head Office in Galashiels.
This role will support the Group Tax Manager in delivering the UK Group's compliance process.
• Responsibility for preparing UK corporate tax returns
• Responsibility for preparing EMEA VAT returns
• Responsibility for supporting the operational implementation of the Group Transfer Pricing (TP) policy
• Maintenance of documented policies in order for the Senior Accounting Officer ("SAO") to sign a "clean" certificate
• Assist Group Finance Team with quarterly and annual preparation of current and deferred tax numbers and disclosures for financial statements
• Provide technical tax support to all areas of the UK business/ Group as required
• Support delivery of international compliance obligations (e.g. Country by Country Reporting)
• Assist with the continued development of the Group's tax strategy, including monitoring legislative policy developments (e.g. BEPS)
• Professional Accountancy/Tax Qualification or part qualified
• Good team player - needs to be able to build and maintain strong relationships within the organisation and with external advisors
• Good organisational and communication skills
• Forward thinker and resourceful
• Corporate tax and/or VAT experience
• Good technical (tax/accounting) knowledge
• Able to deliver accurate results within tight deadlines
• Clear, concise communication skills
• Competitive salary
• Pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
You will be based at our Head Office in Galashiels, commutable from Edinburgh in less than an hour.
Situated in the beautiful Scottish Borders, the local area provides affordable housing options with great infrastructure in terms of schooling, outdoor activities and transport.
Kyowa Kirin International is going through an exceptional time. With our imminent rare disease product launches and further new product development combined with excellent international growth rates, we are providing a great platform for today and our future.
The strength behind our success and future opportunities are our highly committed and skilled staff, supported by our parent company Kyowa Hakko Kirin - a Japanese Specialty Pharmaceutical company, whose substantial reinvestment into R&D is creating products at both early and late stage development. This prosperous time at Kyowa Kirin includes developing new teams, new departments and moving into exciting new areas.
Kyowa Kirin International is an equal opportunities employer.