SDL (LSE:SDL) is the global innovator in language translation technology, services and content management. Over the past 25 years we’ve delivered transformative business results by enabling powerfully nuanced digital experiences with customers around the world. SDL operates internationally across 40 countries with the Head office located in Maidenhead. Are you in the know? Find out why 90 out of the top 100 global brands work with us at SDL.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
A new role reporting directly into the recently appointed Group Head of Tax.
The International Tax analyst will assist the Head of Tax in tax compliance, tax reporting and other ad hoc matters across the group.
This is a highly flexible role which will demand strong organisation and communication skills. The business is going through a significant period of change and the new role will evolve over time but primary responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the tax reporting process though working closely with the group accountants and local controllers.
• Assist in the tax compliance process and the completion and review of entity “tax packs”
• Assist in the tax departments’ external audit process.
• Responsible for oversight and compliance, through recently acquired Insight tax software, of the group’s tax documentation, positions and risks.
• Co-ordinate information requests from tax authorities and ensure deadlines are monitored and met regarding tax audits
• Other Ad hoc requests such as withholding tax compliance, tax risk management etc.
Requirements, skills and qualifications
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
• IT literate with strong Excel skills.
• Exposure to Corporation tax and an understanding of basic tax principles
• Accountancy background ACA/ACCA/CIMA - an advantage
• Tax accounting experience – an advantage
• Experience of managing change.
• Given the international nature of the role language skills (such as German – where the group has significant operations) would be beneficial.
• Operates in an honest, ethical manner in all dealings; acts with integrity
• Team player willing to assist where needed
• Willingness to learn and embrace change
• A pro-active individual
• Ability to quickly build relationships
• Located in Maidenhead.
• Hours of work 9:00 to 5:30, extended at peak times such as Year End & Interim Reporting
What you will get in return
• Experience of working in an International Tax department for a listed UK Plc
• Modern hi-tech offices in Maidenhead.
• Opportunity to make a significant difference in a market leading UK listed Technology Company.
*** Strictly No Recruitment Agencies ***