Your key responsibilities will include:
● Preparation and/or review of global transfer pricing documentation, liaising with local finance staff and external advisers, including collation of financial data where required.
● Working with UK and overseas teams to ensure appropriate charges are made for central and regional services and that invoicing requirements are complied with.
● Preparation of country by country report in the UK and support for overseas notifications.
● Monitoring OECD and local country developments and advising the business on new compliance requirements.
● Advising on intercompany services agreements.
● Assistance with tax authority enquiries and audit defence.
● Assist in the formulation and roll out of new or revised transfer pricing policies, and real-time monitoring of transfer pricing charges and margins.
You'll need the following skills and experience:
● Transfer pricing experience is essential, both with respect to implementation of transfer pricing arrangements as well as high level policy development.
● Experience of working for an international group, preferably in a services business.
● Relevant professional qualifications (CTA or equivalent).
● A confident self-starter, with the gravitas and other inter-personal skills to communicate with authority with finance and other staff across the business.
● Good technical skills and commercial awareness.
● Willingness where required to “roll their sleeves up” and provide support to the finance teams across the group in ensuring that relevant data is being sourced and that there is a consistent approach across the group.
● IT literate with strong Excel skills.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
● Pension matched up to 7%
● Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
● An annual professional institution subscription
● Life insurance
● Enhanced parental leave
● Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
● Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
An opportunity has arisen for a tax professional with experience of managing transfer pricing issues within a multi-national group to join the Group Tax team as Transfer Pricing Manager, reporting directly to the Group Tax Manager, to support the group in complying with its transfer pricing obligations globally. This will include advising on the charging arrangements for central service costs, liaising with the business units to ensure the group’s transfer pricing methodology is implemented properly, and ensuring that the group is compliant with transfer pricing rules and documentation requirements, including country by country reporting, in all the countries it which it operates.
You'll need to have the ability to work both independently and in conjunction with the group tax manager and with key stakeholders in group finance and across the business.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity, based in our modern Croydon offices.
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we’re helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking. If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you'll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you're interested in applying for this role. The application deadline is Friday 5th July when applications will be reviewed by the team to shortlist for interviews, which will be held in Croydon.