Vertex is looking for a Tax Technical Analyst that will work closely with the Tax Research and Product Development teams to implement monthly updates to tax rates, rules, and tax forms in the Vertex® Indirect Tax Returns product. This role will appeal to a detail oriented, creative thinker that enjoys problem solving and is interested in software/technology. We will train you on the tax aspects of the position. In this role, you will assume responsibility for:
- Research and analysis of monthly compliance changes from the taxing authorities.
- Implementation of compliance changes within our proprietary development software.
- Design and execute test scenarios in the product to ensure accuracy and functionality for a variety of taxpayers.
- Communication with state and local taxing authorities to obtain compliance requirements related to sales/use tax rates and rules, e-File, and paper remittance.
- Validate e-File functionality and paper tax return layouts with taxing authorities to satisfy reporting requirements.
- Write content for the product’s user guides and other customer facing documentation.
- Review, assess impact, and resolve customer issues.
- Communicate to workgroup and product team the compliance changes and impact to product.
- Develop business requirements for product enhancement and test resulting functionality for accuracy.
- Brainstorm with the Product Development team on data and program solutions to achieve desired output in the product.
- Complete work within monthly and project deadlines defined by the product team.
- Uphold SSAE-16 audit controls for defined internal processes and procedures.
We encourage individuals possessing all of the following minimum qualifications to apply immediately:
Education & Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Taxation, Math or related discipline, OR equivalent work experience is required
8+ years of general business experience is strongly desired
Familiarity with Sales Tax Returns a plus
Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
Understanding of tax information and the ability to formulate interpretations and determine how they apply to Vertex products is desirable
Strong aptitude for detail
Exceptional analytical and logical problem solving skills
Comfortable learning customized software applications
Strong organizational skills
Strong time management and ability to meet deadlines
Must have excellent communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal communication
Must be able to work in a dynamic, team-based environment and be able to adapt to changing and multiple priorities
Experience using Windows-based software applications including MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Word) and Internet Applications