EP UK are exclusively working with Marks Sattin as they are investing heavily in the finance team on the back of two recent acquisitions. This has resulted in the finance team recruiting for a Tax Accountant to work closely with the Head of Finance.
EP UK Investments (EPUKI) is a UK energy company, primarily focusing on power generation from conventional and renewable sources.
EPUKI represents the UK interests of Energetický a průmyslový holding (EPH), a leading Central European energy group that employs nearly 25,000 people and owns and operates assets in the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Germany, Italy, the UK and Hungary.
EPH entered the UK market in 2015 through the purchase of Eggborough Power Limited, an independent power generator which owns and operates a 2,000 MW coal-fired power station in Yorkshire.
The business is growing at an astronomical speed, with two recent acquisitions valued at over £500m, this is only the beginning to what is going to be Yorkshires biggest success story of 2019.
* The Tax Accountant will be working closely with the Head of Finance offering support across Corporate Tax, VAT and some exposure to Employment tax.
* You will be taking responsibility for the VAT returns as well as driving new processes as the business continues to evolve.
* Whilst the focus is tax, this is the perfect role for someone wanting to bridge across into core finance as you will be picking up ad hoc projects the Head of Finance requires assistance with. One day you could be supporting with the reporting, cash flow forecasting or even management accounts.
* The Head of Finance will be implementing the tax strategy, but as you establish yourself, your input is going to be invaluable.
* Ensure the group is compliant from an indirect tax perspective by managing the VAT compliance cycle
* Keeping abreast of changing tax laws and requirements to develop proposals for ensuring EP UK remains tax efficient and compliant
To be considered:
* You will be fully qualified with one of the following ACA, CTA, ACCA or CIMA.
* You will be comfortable working in an evolving business
* Exposure to either compliance or advisory experience