One of the Big 4 accounting firms is currently seeking an Associate/Senior Associate/Manager to join our U.S. Tax practice in Asia.
The new hire will be permanently seconded to Singapore and function as part of our firm’s US Tax Practice in Asia. Our US Tax Practice in Asia offers a wide range of leading U.S. tax planning and operational tax, compliance and provision services in the Asia region, with a special focus on inbound U.S. tax in relation to the alternative investment space.
• Advise multinational enterprises on U.S. inbound tax planning, including helping our clients anticipate and understand the potential short- and long-term considerations and consequences of tax planning decisions, in the context of their wider business objectives and taking into account a multinational's tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture.
• Structure the tax aspects of multinational private equity and strategic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, and IPOs, along with drafting tax opinions, memos, structure decks, and Excel models (illustrating the tax benefits of alternative structures).
• Assist multinational enterprises with preparing the tax provision for its financial statements and preparing and/or reviewing compliance work product.
• Advise clients on income tax treaty planning opportunities arising from inbound and outbound cross-border investing and trading activities.
• Provide aspects of all of the activities above to alternative investment companies, helping at all stages of the investment life cycle for both asset managers and portfolio companies operating globally, with a focus on structuring various types of investments, including alternative investments such as real estate, infrastructure and private equity.
• Advise pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, and other tax-exempt investors on the unique challenges and opportunities of investing into or out of the U.S.
• 0 ~ 6+ years’ experience in U.S. tax.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Masters in Taxation, JD, and/or LLM (with a concentration in tax) preferred.
• Must be U.S. CPA, enrolled agent or practicing US lawyer.
• Knowledge of a broad range of U.S. international and domestic tax law provisions.
• Strong research and writing, Excel modeling, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to balance multiple engagements, play a positive role in well-functioning and collegial client service teams, maintain professionalism, and provide excellent client service.
• Any Asian language skills (especially Japanese) are a plus, but not a requirement.