Economist, Transfer Pricing
Reports to: Transfer Pricing Director
Highly Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Role opening date: 21/02/2019
Role closing date: 23/04/2019
DLA's transfer pricing practice has seen a significant growth in the last few years which has created a need to expand our team. As a part of this team, you will assist senior team members to deliver client projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Participate in business and asset valuations
● Develop sophisticated financial and tax impact models
● Perform economic analysis for various types of transactions
● Participate with senior team members in fact finding interviews
● Undertake comprehensive industry reviews and understand business or company value drivers
● Work with senior team members for making submissions to tax authorities on client matters, respond to queries from tax authorities and negotiations on Advance Pricing Agreements and Mutual Agreement Procedures
● Execute economic and legal research as requested by the senior team members
● Develop and maintain relationships with team members and other practice groups
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
● Masters level degree focused on Finance/Economics/Econometrics
● Previous transfer pricing experience is not necessary, however if you have up to 2 years of transfer pricing experience it will be taken into consideration
● High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
● Excellent business writing and communication skills in English
● Ability to comprehend large financial data and build financial models
● Showcase commercial awareness and a desire to learn and develop technically
●Ability to integrate and work effectively within the transfer pricing and the tax team
● High level enthusiasm with a "can do" attitude
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued. Read more about our D&I initiatives.
We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people have responsibilities and interests outside the firm and that they may need flexibility to integrate their work life and personal life.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.