Job Title: Indirect Tax Manager (12-month contract)
Job type: 12-month contract
Location: London Head Office, Holborn
Reporting Relationship: Group Tax Manager
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
We are currently looking for a capable Indirect Tax Manager to provide maternity cover in order to support our ambitious business targets through ensuring our operations are fully compliant and taxation issues are proactively managed.
This position within our friendly finance team is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to develop their taxation experience within a dynamic, global business.
• Monitor and identify indirect tax registration requirements as the business expands its operations globally
• Perform the indirect tax compliance reporting in the UK, Europe and overseas
• Co-ordinate with external advisors
• Correspond with tax authorities where relevant
• Document reporting procedures and policies
• Prepare indirect tax reconciliations for audit purposes
• Co-ordinate tax deadlines with key stakeholders
• Identify and suggest ideas for continued development of the tax function
• Work closely with the finance team and wider business on implementing procedures and controls
• Assist the Group Tax Manager with international tax issues, including corporate tax compliance, transfer pricing, cash-flow and budget planning purposes
Skills and Experience
• Qualified accountant with specialist experience in indirect taxes
• Excellent tax accounting skills with experience of operating in an international environment
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• A practical and commercial approach to problem solving
• Strong IT skills including Excel with excellent attention to detail
• Have a pro-active approach, applying common sense and a practical hands-on approach to problem solving as and when required
• Self-motivated, confident, collaborative and results driven individual
• Resilience to operate in a fast-paced environment to meet demanding deadlines
• Creative mindset to identify and suggest process enhancements
• Highly organised to manage multiple priorities
• Strong team player
• High level of integrity
• Keeps up to date with knowledge of tax rules in multiple jurisdictions
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 950 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
• Competitive salary and company bonus scheme
• Group pension scheme
• Group healthcare and life assurance scheme
• 25 days holiday with annual increase up to 30 days
• Subsidised gym membership
• Season ticket travel loans
• Cycle to work scheme
• Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, we’d love to hear from you.