The European Tax Manager sits in the EMEA Direct Tax team which manages all direct tax issues across more than 20 jurisdictions. This role will support a smooth transition to our clients post Brexit structure, when their insurance carriers relocate to France, and thereafter take responsibility for compliance, transfer pricing and reporting along with monitoring legislative change across Europe for their French companies.
* Support on various projects to allow prioritisation and focus within the wider tax team, this will include assisting the Head of Direct Tax as required/ directed.
Business advisory and planning:
* Business support and advisory, including building relationships across the business and advisory / execution on transactions.
* Understanding and planning for business change.
* Monitoring / promoting tax opportunities in line with tax risk appetite.
Tax compliance & reporting:
* Assist with review of tax computations for the 2 French companies and their branches, across 20 jurisdictions.
* Support on tax audits across the EMEA region, as they arise.
* Working with the Head of Direct Tax and advisors to support the transition to French GAAP (from UK GAAP):
* Understanding the differences between French and UK GAAPs.
* Tax provisions for local financial statements.
* Supporting the year-end statutory audit process.
* Other monthly / quarterly reporting as required.
* Management of transfer pricing for the French companies:
* Planning and documentation of the post migration structure, in line with evolving French legislation in this area (in particular the implementation of BEPS actions).
* Interaction with US TP team.
* Identifying risks and opportunities.
* Experience gained through time spent within a leading professional services firm and/or an in-house multinational.
* The successful candidate will ideally have experience of managing the tax reporting and compliance process for a significant multinational group under French GAAP.
* They will have a good working knowledge of French legislation, transfer pricing and be up to date with current international developments, in particular around the BEPS agenda.
* Although initially they will have no direct reports, they will support the learning and development of more junior members of the team.
* Professional accounting or tax qualifications.
* Fluency in both French and English required.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.