Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Analyst, Transfer Pricing
Luxembourg - Betzdorf
As a member of the SES Tax Management department, you will be responsible for supporting multiple projects in the transfer pricing area (intercompany financing and various support services (sales and marketing, business development, technical and back-office support activities, management of transfer pricing matters for O3b Networks entities), preparing transfer pricing documentation (Master File, Local Files and Country-by-Country reporting) and supporting transfer pricing function in various areas (Senior Management presentations, interaction with internal and external stakeholders) as described below.
- Prepare and update Transfer Pricing documentation (Master File, Local Files including Functional and Economic Analyses) with a focus on certain types of intercompany transactions (intercompany financing, technical support, sales and marketing support) and geographical areas (e.g. Latin America, Asia-Pacific region)
- Lead “Country-by-Country Reporting” process including preparation of the report, subsequent analysis and notifications to the tax authorities
- Support with O3b-related transfer pricing matters in various jurisdictions where O3b has local entities (the Netherlands, Singapore, Peru, Brazil etc) and prepare transfer pricing documentation for O3b-related Advance Pricing Agreements with tax authorities
- Support "Functional Analysis" interviews with the SES Senior Management
- Prepare benchmarking studies and cost-allocation
- Prepare responses on transfer pricing topics in the course of tax audits
- Collaborate with external advisers (e.g. in Brazil, Mexico and on intercompany financing – worldwide) and external auditors on Transfer Pricing-related topics
- Coordinate within the Finance business unit to ensure consistency between the transfer pricing framework and the actual financial results of the SES affiliates, prepare valuations for transfer pricing, intercompany financing matters
- Manage - together with the Legal team - drafting of intercompany agreement (intercompany financing, technical support, sales/marketing support activities)
- Raise awareness of Transfer Pricing matters in the entire SES organisation by participating in cross-functional groups (e.g. TICL), delivering presentations to Senior Management and providing transfer pricing presentations in SES
- Understanding of key principles of taxation and accounting
- Ability to work effectively within the team and build up relationships
- Strong communication and English business-writing skills
- Strong analytical and valuation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point
Your Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in a relevant field (International Finance, Economics, Taxation, Mathematics)
- Minimum two to three years’ experience in transfer pricing area
- Proven knowledge of transfer pricing concepts, specifically the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and Tax Administrations and Transfer Pricing regulations in the jurisdictions where SES is doing business (e.g. of Brazilian transfer pricing laws)
- Basic knowledge of valuation techniques and principles (such as NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Develop and maintain good knowledge of BEPS actions and assist in BEPS-related projects
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French, German, Spanish, or any additional language is an asset
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.