Inland Revenue New Zealand is a world leading revenue organisation, keeping pace with change. Our current transformation is bringing about significant change to the way we operate and how we interact with our customers. We're making the tax system simpler, more open and certain for New Zealanders to pay their taxes and receive their entitlements.
Are you the go to person for technical leadership and professional assistance in interpreting commercial aspects of multinational business operations and resolving complex transfer pricing and associated international tax issues?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you with our Technical Specialist Network.
In this role you will be a point of contact for customers and stakeholders for complex cross border transactions and transfer pricing issues. You will encourage voluntary customer compliance of taxpayers engaging in cross border transactions. You will educate, advise and assist internal IR as well as external customers and their representatives.
Your ability to liaise effectively with key stakeholders along with your subject matter expertise, specialist business knowledge and strong leadership skills will be essential as you resolve complex transfer pricing, tax technical and commercial issues that are of high risk to the revenue.
Your responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
* Providing professional assistance on a full ambit of transfer pricing matters, including negotiating and finalising Advance Pricing Agreements; providing advice and leadership in respect of tax audits and disputes; reviewing and analysing customer information and providing feedback on the outcome to all relevant parties.
* Proactively providing technical leadership, guidance and training on complex inter-jurisdictional transactional matters.
* Protecting the integrity of the tax base and influencing taxpayer compliance by identifying key issues and advising on risk, emerging trends and revenue protection.
* Building and maintaining positive working relationships/networks with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Collaboration within the Technical Specialist Network and wider IR to achieve appropriate outcomes the Commissioner and customers.
* Advising on practices and processes to ensure the strategic direction of the business and organisational outcomes are met.
The requirements for the role are:
* Transfer Pricing experience
* Degree in Economics, Commerce or Law
* Excellent numerical, interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Ability to critically analyse complex information for effective decision making
To be successful, our expectation is that you will have or quickly acquire a thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles, legislation and functions than underpins the tax administration system of New Zealand. This includes understanding transfer pricing, branch taxation rules and double tax agreements. You will be expected to be familiar with the OECD Transfer Pricing Guidelines and with Articles 7, 9 and 25 of the OECD Model Tax Convention.
Are you keen to join us?
Please click 'apply online' and submit a CV along with your cover letter outlining how you are the perfect Technical Specialist for us. For further information please see the attached Job Description or if you have questions please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role can be based in Auckland or Wellington
Applications close: 18 July 2018