CORPORATE TAX ACCOUNTANT
BUSINESS SUPPORT LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
The role of the Corporate Tax Accountant will be to ensure that corporation tax compliance obligations are met across different jurisdictions in a timely manner. The Corporate Tax Accountant will also assist with regulatory Tax Audits and ongoing reporting requirements and report directly into an experienced Tax Manager.
• Corporation tax compliance for the Group ensuring filing and payment obligations are met and made on time
• Assisting with group tax reporting on a quarterly basis
• Assisting with filing requirements for corporate withholding taxes
• Assisting with gaming duty compliance, including filings, payments and communication with accounts team regarding monthly accruals
• Maintaining and establishing SOX compliant procedures and controls. Updating and suggesting improvements to controls where necessary
• Responding to general Corporate Tax queries across various business units
• Assisting in the completion of regulatory Tax Audits and other ad hoc queries from Tax Authorities
• Supporting the Tax team on ad hoc tax projects such as transfer pricing, legal entity rationalisation, and R&D
Skills and Capabilities
• Minimum of an accounting or tax qualification (AAT/ACA/CA/ACCA/ATT/CTA)
• Good Microsoft Excel skills with particular focus on formulas
• Well organised with the ability to prioritise workloads
• Ability to deliver high quality work driven by time pressured external deadlines
• Awareness of the gaming industry
• Good accounting knowledge
• Experience of tax compliance
• Tax team
• Company Secretarial
• External tax advisors and tax authorities
The salary for this job is based on experience so whilst we are not able to provide such details at this stage, we can confirm that we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Our benefits include a discretionary annual performance bonus, premium health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (providing you all live at the same address), and a generous company contribution into a private pension scheme each month. As an advocate of work/life balance, we offer an annual personal interest allowance where we encourage personal learning outside of working hours; e.g. driving lessons, cookery classes and circus training (to name a few that our people have used this towards). We also have an Employee Assistance Programme where you receive complimentary and confidential support from professionals who offer independent advice 24/7. To support you in developing your skills and career, we will provide ongoing training. We offer many more great perks such as an annual travel loan, subsidised massage sessions, free drinks, snacks, hot beverages and fresh fruit every day.
Stars Interactive is a division of The Stars Group, ultimate owner of industry leading gaming brands including PokerStars, PokerStars Casino, BetStars, Full Tilt, PokerStars Championship, PokerStars Festival and MEGASTACK. Collectively, these brands have more than 111 million registered customers, forming one of the largest online gaming businesses in the world. We provide gaming experiences designed to make our platforms the favorite iGaming destinations for customers everywhere. This role is in the Group’s London service office in the Tax department.