Internal – Puma Regional & Country General Managers & Finance Managers & teams. Local country tax managers, Puma group tax team, Trafigura regional tax team
External – State authorities (Income Tax, VAT/Sales Tax, Customs & Excise), Auditors, external tax counsel
General purpose of the position
Enable the regional and local country finance managers to effectively manage the various regional & local taxes across the entire tax lifecycle in accordance with the Group’s global tax policies and tax risk management framework.
- Review variations on tax forecasts/budgets and provide support for planning activities.
- Support of business restructuring projects, M&A transactions and other investment projects.
- Implementation of tax strategies to achieve efficient taxation (both direct taxes and indirect taxes).
Tax Accounting / Tax Reporting:
- Management and review of tax accounting and tax reporting processes on Direct tax & Indirect Tax: (Income tax, Deferred tax, Capital gain tax, Surcharges, Minimum tax, WHT, Tax receivables and Tax payables reports, etc) and enable timely and reliable reporting of tax data.
- Provide training & guidance to regional & local finance teams to maintain and improve the quality of the tax accounting & reporting.
Tax Compliance & Tax Control Processes:
- Take ownership and control of the various local tax compliance trackers, standardize tax documentation and working papers developed in each country to support tax calculations. Develop working plans to further improve and develop tax control processes and procedures.
- Perform and follow up on tax health checks and tax GAP analysis.
- Manage and provide support to tax risk management strategies.
- Provide support to manage tax audits, tax litigation cases, dispute resolutions, tax defense file and legal strategies.
- Analysis of tax impact due to tax reforms, develop action plans to address and minimize impactof new regulations.
- Develop, track, design and implement tax audit defence files, documentation policies and other key tax controls
- Provide support on reviewing and monitoring transfer pricing tax compliance & documentation.
- Analysis of tax impact of transfer pricing developments and develop action plans to minimize impact of new regulations.
• At least 8 years’ experience in corporation tax (advisory & accounting)
• Knowledge of and experience with regional mid- & downstream oil and energy business and/or exposure to
excise/customs duties + incoterm management would be an advantage
• Knowledge of an experience with Latin America tax environments would be an advantage
Skills & competencies:
• Team player with ability to deal & communicate effectively with non-tax persons
• Strong verbal and written communication & presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex information
• Exposure to a multinational environment and a good acumen for business
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Experience with ERP & Accounting tools & international commerce and customs systems
• Computer knowledge (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Analytical skills
• Ability to travel
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence and sent direct to the Head of Tax - Americas.