Premier Foods’ purpose is to create the food the nation loves most for modern life. And they’ve been doing it for a long time - many of their much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century, and today you'll find them in 95% of British households.
Operating primarily in the ambient food sector, the UK-wide business can boast an established and developing portfolio of famous and leading brands across five key categories: Flavourings & seasonings, Cooking sauces & Accompaniments, Quick meals & soups, Ambient desserts and Ambient cakes.
About the role
The role of Tax Manager will work in an autonomous way, managing relationships with key stakeholders including Head of Tax and Head of R2R, Group Finance, Commercial Finance, Supply Chain Finance & Procurement and will be responsible for:
• Timely tax compliance processes (corporate & VAT)
• Tax reporting and accounting for the UK Group and individual subsidiaries
• Tax advice to the business
• Transfer pricing calculations
• Supporting Head of Tax in provision of advice to the business in matters such as:
• recoverability of VAT on business costs
• VAT liability of new products/promotional activity
• PAYE queries relating to benefits in kind
• corporate tax issues relating to business activities
• changes to legislation
About the candidate
Premier Foods are looking for a technically strong individual who can bring well thought out and articulated ideas to this organisation as well as managerial skills and strong leadership. Candidates must be:
• Qualified CTA
• Have high impact and influential skills for stakeholder management across the finance function and wider company
• Proactive, forward thinking mindset with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Effective people management skills and working examples of management is essential
• Ability to work as part of a fast-paced team and deliver to tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience of SAP ideal
For more information on this exciting role please contact Jacqui Harris on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the link below.
Any third party applications will be sent directly to Robert Walters.