Anaford Tax and Accounting Services (ATAS) provides expert U.S. accountancy advice and consultancy in respect of tax regularization and annual returns for individuals, trusts and estates with an emphasis on U.S. foreign tax and reporting requirements. ATAS specializes in U.S. tax accounting for U.S. and foreign high net worth private clients, family offices, financial institutions and fiduciary companies.
ATAS has offices in Zurich and Miami and has experienced rapid growth over the past 2 years. As part of our continuing growth, we are currently seeking a US International Tax Accountant to work in our Zurich Office. ATAS will offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Preparation of U.S. individual tax returns for our high net worth private clients with an emphasis on U.S. foreign tax and reporting requirements;
• Experience with U.S. foreign filing requirements (i.e. Forms 926, 5471, 8621, 8865, 8938);
• Understanding of Foreign Trusts Distributable Net Income calculations, as well as required filings such as Form 3520 and 3520-A;
• Preparation of partnership and corporate tax returns is a big plus;
• Assisting with the preparation of Streamlined and Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) filings for clients disclosing foreign assets through IRS amnesty programs;
• Keeping abreast of the current U.S. tax developments particularly in the area U.S. foreign tax and reporting requirements and the ability to apply such knowledge;
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide industry knowledge and experience to private individuals, trustees, family offices and legal teams; and
• Ability to work cohesively with the team in the timely delivery of U.S. tax services to our clients.
• 3 years of U.S. tax accounting experience with knowledge of U.S. foreign tax and reporting requirements;
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from a U.S. accredited college/university;
• A licensed CPA or Enrolled Agent designation is preferred, or working towards its attainment;
• Experience with U.S. individual income taxation and estate and gift taxation for high net worth taxpayers with an emphasis on U.S. foreign tax and reporting requirements;
• Excellent compliance skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams across Europe and the U.S.
We offer a dynamic work environment among friendly and supportive colleagues within a fast paced, international accounting firm. We actively support the continued education and growth of our employees with competitive compensation packages and holiday allowances.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter by email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.