Robert Walters Tax & Treasury are delighted to partner with Inmarsat on the recruitment for the role of VP, Tax & Treasury.
This is a key role amongst the 'C-Suite', taking full ownership for the group's Tax & Treasury affairs. This role will report directly into the CFO, and ensure tax obligations are met globally with effective planning, as well as the capital optimisation of the treasury function.
Inmarsat plc is the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services. Since 1979, Inmarsat has been providing reliable voice and high-speed data communications to governments, enterprises and other organizations, with a range of services that can be used on land, at sea or in the air. Inmarsat operates around the world, with a presence in the major ports and centres of commerce on every continent.
* Leadership and management of the Group's Tax & Treasury function
* Overall responsibility for the Group Tax Strategy and Policies, including annual reporting to the Board and Audit Committee.
* Ensure tax is not an impediment to doing business efficiently and therefore work closely with the business advising them on the tax implications of new business initiatives
* Lead the delivery of global statutory tax reporting, risk management, compliance and external reporting.
* Ensure the Group is BEPS compliant and responsibility for the Group's transfer pricing strategy and policies.
* Management of the corporate structure including ensuring all entities across the Group have adequate and appropriate levels of debt and equity.
* Management of the effective tax rate including exploring tax initiatives (E.g. UK Patent Box and R&D allowances).
* Maintain and develop an open and effective working relationship with HMRC and other tax administrations.
* Responsibility for the management of the Group's capital structure, external and internal funding arrangements,
* Ensure that Inmarsat has adequate financing in place for its requirements over the short and medium term.
* Management and development of all banking relationships & rating agencies.
* Management of the Group's Treasury Operations; cash management, foreign exchange strategy and management
* Ensuring the Group remains in compliance with its banking covenants.
* Management of counterparty risk.
* Act as the gatekeeper for Inmarsat's working capital strategy and be the catalyst to ensure best practice across the Group.
* Recommend solutions that create value through funding and investment strategies aligned to the needs of the business and its risk appetite
* Ensure compliance with the Group's Treasury Policies and Procedures covering all aspects of cash, debt, credit, interest, FX, hedging and internal control/risk management.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
* Professional certification (ideally CTA, ACA, ACT, ACCA or CIMA)
* Consummate commercial experience gained in Blue Chip companies as well as an excellent professional background
* Material international experience across both Tax and Treasury
* Strong tax technical skills across all areas of corporation tax, in particular the UK & US
* Strong operational treasury management skills including working capital management, foreign exchange, leasing, etc.
* Demonstrable expertise in external financing and funding.
* Leadership acumen with a focus on results, building a strong team and outcome focused
* Aptitude to create positive relationships across multiple jurisdictions and cultures
* Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across a wide range of seniority, both internally and externally.
All third party cv's will be forwarded to Robert Walters.
Should you be interested in hearing more about this outstanding role, please contact Lynley Hall on 0207 509 8435 or apply via the link below.