This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 13 in Europe in 2016! We have over 440 stores and over 290 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference
The Group is looking to expand the in-house tax team and bring in additional support for the Group Tax Manager. We have an opportunity for a Corporation and Indirect Tax Assistant Manager to join our expanding tax team. The role will be based at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire.
• Preparation of tax disclosures for inclusion in the Group and subsidiary company statutory accounts.
• Corporation Tax computation preparation for Group trading companies.
• Preparation of UK VAT returns
• Reviewing the tax control environment for Group companies
• You will have relevant qualifications such as CA/CTA and at have at least 2 years post qualification experience.
• You will have experience of preparing tax disclosures for statutory accounts.
• You will have experience of preparing corporation tax computations.
• As the role is a mixed taxes role, previous experience of preparing and reviewing VAT Returns either gained in practice or in industry would be beneficial for the role.
• As the Group uses alphatax software to prepare corporation tax computations, practical experience of alphatax would be beneficial but is not a requirement for the role.
• Up to £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
• 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays) rising to 35 days after 5 years continuous service.
• Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your birthday
• Excellent reward schemes, such as our seasonal values challenges, where prizes include Red Letter Days, GoPros and a top prize of an extra week’s annual leave and £1000 of holiday vouchers
• Competitive Pension Scheme – You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria
• Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member)
• “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
• Life Assurance
• Option to join Healthcare cover
• Charity leave – you are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby
• Free car parking
• Free Gym
We are happy to discuss the opportunity to work flexibly