Regional Indirect Taxes Manager - Middle East
Specialism : Indirect Taxes /VAT
Job Title : Regional Indirect Taxes Manager - Middle East
Region : UK & Middle East
Salary Description : £Competitive + comprehensive benefits package
Location : Farnborough, UK based with regular travel to the Middle East
Job Ref : 00048518.
As the Regional Indirect Taxes Manager -Middle East you will be at the heart of supporting the BAE Systems regional businesses and the Global Indirect Tax Manager in the management of the newly implemented Gulf VAT regime. Central to this will be ensuring the Global Cooperation Council ( GCC) businesses are meeting their VAT compliance obligations , in addition to providing full support to the Business to deliver bids and tenders in pursuit of BAE Systems’ strategy of increasing international orders.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain extensive exposure to the new Gulf Region VAT regime, whilst working with a variety of Head Office stakeholders within an international business and in collaboration with colleagues in the Gulf region.
• Working with the business and to ensure that VAT compliance has been applied suitably
• Providing technical guidance and training where required
• Reviewing individual VAT returns before submission to the relevant tax authorities
• Collating and preparing VAT group returns
• Keeping up to date with any changes to compliance requirements
• Sharing knowledge and updates on Gulf VAT as it matures following implementation
Your skills and qualifications:
• Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) qualification/ tax based qualifications would be desirable
• Working knowledge of indirect tax in an international setting
• Advisory and compliance pedigree, working both within the Finance function and broader enterprise
• You will be a strong communicator with the ability to influence and develop others. You will be a team player, whilst having excellent leadership skills to guide and manage a variety of stakeholders.
BAE Systems Head Office is in Central London, with a number of support functions and functional specialists based in Farnborough, Hampshire. Head Office is home to a wide range of vital departments, from Strategy and Legal, to HR and Procurement. It is an exciting environment, where people at all levels in the business exchange ideas and develop new projects.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you'll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
Join us and you’ll be at the heart of BAE Systems corporate management. The sheer technical, commercial and cultural diversity of our worldwide business will give you enough challenge and variety to last a career. Throughout it all, we're committed to help you pursue your own ambitions and fulfil your interests within the business.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Inspiring Work, Inspiring People