SC Johnson has an opportunity for a Manager - Indirect Tax (Frimley, UK)
Our internal job title at SC Johnson is Associate Manager - Indirect Tax - UK
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson (SCJ) is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. Its product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
The company has been making great products for more than 125 years and the same family that started the company still owns and runs it today. For over a century, spanning five generations, the Johnson family has demanded the best for families everywhere. We currently employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
An opportunity has arisen for an Associate Manager within Indirect Tax in the EMEA Shared Service Centre. The purpose of the role is to ensure that the EMEA Indirect Tax Team provide high quality customer focussed Indirect Tax services. This is a key role, requiring proven strong leadership skills with the ability to manage the delivery of Indirect Tax compliance and advisory services using collaborative and win/win mind-sets.
If you would like to work in a multicultural, FMCG organisation and are passionate leading a team to success, we’d like to hear from you.
Based in Frimley, Surrey, we can offer you a competitive salary and profit share. We care about the well-being of our people and other benefits include free onsite gym with free classes, a 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, subsidised canteen and much more. Your convenience is important to us and if you're travelling on public transport we have a free shuttle bus service running from Farnborough Station – with direct services to London Waterloo – and our local station in Frimley, as well as free parking on-site.
• People manager for 2 Analysts and Temporary workers
• Provide Indirect Tax support/advice on various projects for EMEA e.g. business acquisitions, supply chain changes and any other business changes with an Indirect Tax impact.
• Manage Indirect Tax audits for EMEA countries.
• Overall responsibility for all Indirect Tax compliance reporting for EMEA countries for which the SSC has responsibility. Ensuring accurate and on time filing by third party provider.
• Managing the relationship with the third party compliance providers
• Driving the delivery of on-going effectiveness improvements to the VAT compliance reporting process, by analysing internal processes and systems, recommending and implementing procedural and policy changes using Lean tools and methodology.
• Degree calibre candidate, ideally in a quantitative subject, or equivalent and CTA qualified.
• Leadership skills to manage a growing multicultural team; including recruiting experience
• Significant VAT advisory knowledge in EMEA in respect of legislation and practical application. This should be demonstrated by a high level of exposure to VAT in a number of EMEA countries. Either in Practice or In House. Ideally having been exposed to both.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and operate efficiently under continuous change
• Strong knowledge Excel & PowerPoint, ideally also with competency in SAP
• Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management experience – fluency in another European Language would be extremely beneficial.
You need to be legally eligible to work in country of application.