About the Business
DP World is a leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain. We operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
DP World has a portfolio of 77 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has a long-lasting positive impact on economies and society.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivates long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines, importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
Container handling is the company’s core business and generates more than three quarters of its revenue. In 2016, DP World handled around 64 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent units) across our portfolio. With its committed pipeline of developments and expansions, the current gross capacity of 84.6 million TEU is expected to rise to more than 100 million TEU by 2020, in line with market demand. By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovating we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
The company constantly invests in terminal infrastructure, facilities and people, working closely with customers and business partners to provide quality services today and tomorrow, when and where customers need them. In addition, we are committed to providing an environment that is safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
About the Role
Reports to: Vice President – Group Tax
Key accountabilities will include:
- Manage the global tax aspects of transactions, acquisitions, disposals and any other restructurings, business strategies, initiatives, projects and commercial contracts within the DP World Group. Assist in making clear and commercially focused tax recommendations in respect of such matters.
- Provide tax support, advice and assistance on planning opportunities initiated by Group Tax, including executing the implementation and subsequent maintenance whilst ensuring administrative efficiency and operational flexibility.
- Provide assistance in DP World’s bi-annual tax reporting cycle including the review of various tax packs, as well as analysing and recommending opportunities to minimize the Group’s effective tax rate.
- Responsible for maintaining and quarterly updating the Group Tax’s Risk Register;
- Duly manage and coordinate local tax disputes, tax audits, including negotiating of local rulings with tax authorities, filing of appeals, and local statutory tax compliance within the set filing deadlines - as appropriate;
- Effectively communicate tax strategies, tax opportunities and tax risks to the local business units, Regional teams, and other Head Office departments (such as Legal, Group Finance, Corporate Finance, Business Development and Treasury).
- Liaise with external tax advisors, including overseeing and reviewing the work carried out by them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Vice President – Group Tax.
- Understand and adhere to DP World’s Code of Conduct Policy.
- Ensure that more junior colleagues (or indirect reports when appropriate) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
Experience & Qualification
In order to give credible support to the DP World Group and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills, and qualification:
- University degree in Fiscal Law or Fiscal Economics / CPA and/or Master of Science in Taxation
- 7 to 10 years post qualification experience in tax consultancy (preferably big 4 firm or large international law firm) and/or industry, specializing in corporate tax and international tax planning.
- Preferably experience working in the Middle East region
- Specialized knowledge of and practical experience with cross-border transactions and proven experience of managing tax (re)structuring projects through to completion.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Commercial awareness and understanding of business needs
Remuneration and Employment Benefits
We are committed to the development of our people and aim to retain talent by investing in ongoing training to improve performance and provide career development opportunities. In addition, we offer competitive base salaries in comparison to the markets in which we operate. The employment benefits package is reflective of the location, for this position the benefits consists of:
- Accommodation allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Education Assistance for Dependents
- Annual Air Ticket
- Private Medical Coverage
- 27 working days annual leave
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- End of Service Benefit