We have an excellent opportunity for a personable, collaborative and knowledgeable Europe Tax Manager to join our busy Finance team. You would be joining a dedicated and evolving team, based in our regional offices in Twickenham. You will have a broad remit including managing transfer pricing, direct and indirect tax reporting and compliance for European markets including UK, Sweden, Norway, Italy and France.
You will instantly recognise our brands including Penfolds, Wolf Blass, Lindemans and our newest brand, Blossom Hill. At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we are uniquely positioned as a global leader in wine, with an enviable corporate culture, a passion for our products and desire to succeed.
Some of your key responsibilities as the Europe Tax Manager will include:
• Tax Returns and Payments
• International and Transfer Pricing
• Financial Reporting (timing dependent)
• VAT/CCT/Environment tax – Manage compliance processes in UK and other European markets
• Customs & Excise
• Advice to commercial teams on compliance matters and ensure any changes in tax/duty rates communicated and applied correctly on customer invoices
• Completion and submission of EU sales and Intrastat reports
• Ensure compliance with UK Tax Strategy reporting requirements
• Develop and embed best practice tax processes for SAO readiness
• Monitor tax environment and planning opportunities (e.g. impact of rate changes, new UK loss rules)
• Provide tax inputs on transactions and projects undertaken by the business
To be our next Europe Tax Manager you will have:
• CTA or other relevant accounting or tax qualification
• Degree qualification
• Demonstrable post qualified alcohol or relevant FMCG experience (practice or in-house)
• Good Excel skills
• Knowledge of JD Edwards and Hyperion reporting systems helpful
• Good knowledge of UK tax legislation and compliance
• Experience with Corporate Income Tax and VAT
• Experience with Customs & Excise Alcohol duty and AWRS compliance
• PAYE knowledge
• International tax experience, particularly in the area of Transfer Pricing, CFCs, Worldwide Debt Cap and knowledge of new UK loss rules
• Knowledge of Accounting Standards, externally reported Financial Statements and tax provisioning under IFRS including deferred taxes
• Good awareness of local and European fiscal environment
This is an excellent time to join Treasury Wine Estates, offering a competitive salary and great benefits such as car allowance, annual bonus scheme, private medical, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, travel insurance, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, wine allowance, learning and development and much more. We aim to be the world’s most celebrated wine company and we invite you to apply online today to join us on our journey.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Treasury Wine Estates recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.