Arena Wealth Partners is a financial services business offering a wide range of practical help and advice to clients, most of whom are high profile individuals in professional sport and entertainment. Our clients include winners of all of golf and tennis’s major championships, premier league footballers, actors and musicians. Our mission is to work with our clients to ensure that their financial affairs are well organised, that they understand what is going on and that their objectives are met.
We are looking for a tax professional with broad experience to join our tax department at our office in London W4. Our clients mainly come from the world of sport and small business (OMBs and SMEs). There is scope for a lot of direct client contact and the job includes compliance and basic advisory elements. The work is of mixed complexity. The role is full time and the salary offered will be in the region of £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
We therefore require knowledge of:
- personal income tax
- corporation tax
- PAYE, NIC and benefits
- basic capital gains tax
- residency and domicile issues
- basic VAT
- working with colleagues and clients to gather information needed for the preparation and filing of tax returns
- explaining basic tax principles to clients
- setting clients up with HMRC
- dealing with enquiries from HMRC
- liaising with colleagues and clients to make payments of tax accurately and on time
- understanding of applicable deadlines and managing work to meet them
Main skills required:
- excellent written and spoken English
- ability to work closely with colleagues and clients to get the job done
- excellent record keeping and file production
- familiarity with Microsoft office products, especially Excel
- familiarity with Iris tax software
- working to deadlines
- working accurately
You would report to the tax director and to the partners in the business responsible for each client, as well as a small network of international contacts and to clients directly. We are a small team with a very interesting client base which is growing all the time. There will be room to grow your role.