We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
The role sits within the Tax team and focuses on indirect tax compliance and risk management across the global business. The role's purpose is to ensure the effective operation of the end-to-end VAT compliance and reporting processes, including clear balance sheet reconciliations. It will also identify opportunities for improvement of processes and work closely with the Tax Transformation Lead to deliver indirect tax process improvements and automation. It will work with the indirect tax senior manager to support the business on identifying and complying with indirect tax requirements as it continues to grow, together with managing the indirect tax risk, including dealing with tax authority audits and ensuring compliance with legislative change.
What you'll be doing:
● Leading the compliance processes including timely and accurate reporting and payments for all indirect tax returns
● Working with the Indirect Tax Senior Manager to support the many new business initiatives and associated change impacts from requirements through to successful implementation to ensure VAT compliance and accurate reporting
● Undertaking in the preparation and delivery of VAT training to the wider business
● Contributing to the continuous improvement of effective and efficient indirect tax processes and controls
● Supporting on the management of indirect tax risks, identify cash savings opportunities, and support (and in some cases lead) initiative(s) to mitigate the risks or realise the opportunities
● Managing communication and queries from HMRC and other tax authorities, including building relationships with key contacts
● Working with the Tax Transformation Lead, Fintech and Indirect Tax Team in identifying data risks and issues, and resolving data issues
● Working with the Tax Transformation Lead and the broader Tax team to identify and implement improvements to VAT processes, including the delivery of automation projects and ensuring that VAT processes are up to date
● Supporting auditors with providing appropriate supporting documentation
We'd love to meet someone with
● A tax accounting qualification (preferably ATT, ACCA or ACA) and some strong industry experience
● Experience of managing both UK and global VAT for businesses
● Experience of dealing with tax authority enquiries and audits
● Business partnering experience
● A proven ability to plan and prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines
● An ability to find solutions and to take initiative
● Commercial awareness
● Good communication/interpersonal and influencing skills
● A flexible and open to change and a proactive approach
What's in it for you
● Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
● Performance related bonus
● Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
● 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
● Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.