Would you like to be working with an excellent FTSE 250 business to be a part of their group tax team? You could be involved in the implementation of key tax projects and initiatives along with managing the compliance obligations of the group.
This will be a broad role, working on both compliance and forecasting for a major listed group, but also supporting on implementing major projects and initiatives, and where needed on M&A activity and restructuring.
Key responsibilities include:
* Work with international markets to deliver the full year and mid-year group reporting
* Forecast the group Effective Tax Rate, and support decision making through modelling the impact of business change and risks/opportunities arising
* Support the Senior Tax Managers on key projects and initiatives
* Manage UK compliance work
* Build links with and support international markets
* Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored in to commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
* Help maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities worldwide
* Strong UK tax and some international tax expertise
* Experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm
* Strong experience in tax processes and driving process improvements
* Examples of thinking beyond the function and engaging with peers on taking an appropriate and pragmatic approach to functional strategies.
* Examples of challenging peers outside of tax on tax issues and how these can be balanced with non-tax commercial priorities.
* Being comfortable with building bridges with useful organisations, external bodies, advisers and innovative thinkers, and keeping up to date with developments in the field of tax.