At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is one of the largest Government Departments and one of the country’s biggest organisations. Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC. We collect in excess of £500 billion a year in revenue from over 50 million customers across the UK.
We are an effective, efficient and impartial tax and payments authority with a vital purpose: To collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
You will be joining us at an exciting time, as we move through an organisational re-design and into a regional structure, helping us better deliver an innovative Vision, a more flexible structure and a customer-centric approach to meet the new challenges of avoidance.
As a Tax Compliance Auditor you will employ critical thinking to analyse systems and processes in LB customers to identify potential risk areas and to highlight errors. You will require strong written communication skills to detail findings and recommendations in formal audit reports.
You will interview customer representatives from all levels of their organisation, both virtually and face-to-face, which will require good interpersonal skills and an ability to handle difficult conversations. With great organisational skills you will manage multiple cases, meet targets, prioritise and communicate appropriately, update internal systems to reflect progress and current status.
The opportunity offers excellent professional and personal development opportunities and are varied and fast paced. You will have responsibility for supporting both the HMRC audit process and our customers, this is a stimulating and highly rewarding role, requiring you to:
• Work flexibly and as part of a team, working with and maintaining good relationships with all colleagues and customers;
• Have determination to ensure completion of tasks and take responsibility for your own area of work and;
• Have good communication skills and commitment to ensure deadlines are met.
Examples of the responsibilities you will have in this role include:
• Systems & Processes – Be responsible for discussing and interpreting known and common risks with Tax Specialists, creating a programme of audit work in line with our Audit methodology to provide assurance over the accuracy of the process.
• Data Analysis – You will arrange for relevant data to be extracted from customer systems and analyse this within IDEA (data interrogation software used in audit.) You will present findings in a variety of methods from table summaries to charts and graphs as appropriate.
• Governance – You will consider how customers manage tax risks within their organisation, and how this may impact on accurate tax submissions.
You are required to demonstrate experience of the following within your application:
• Analyse data and other information critically and make logical conclusions.
• The ability to communicate complex information to a wider audience.
• To work multiple cases concurrently and keep senior officials informed.
• IT Tools Microsoft O365 such as Outlook, Word, SharePoint and Excel.
• An understanding of information systems and accounting software.
• A knowledge of Governance and Risk Management, Data Extraction, Manipulation and Analysis techniques.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Full training will be provided. As a new starter you will be placed on the audit learning routeway, which may take approximately two years to complete, depending on the individual and the opportunities available to you.
• Travel and overnight stays may be required across the UK.
• Completion of e-Learning relating to policies and procedures. Attendance at various technical workshops as and when deemed necessary. There may also be the option of undertaking qualifications subject to business need and after you have become established in the post.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Experience of using video-conferencing and Office 365 tools such as Outlook, SharePoint and Teams
Proficiency in Excel and Word
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclu