International Group Tax Manager
As a successful high growth technology led media business, operating across multiple countries, we are looking to build out the group finance function in our Jersey HQ.
Our mission is to help people make smart choices online. With the complex environment online products bring, we have a unique, exciting, and challenging opportunity for you to really apply your skill and knowledge to. This is not your average Tax Manager role.
Due to our unique culture and mindset, this has allowed us to achieve unprecedented growth, expanding into new markets and industries every year. We are driven by challenge and our best successes have come from our constantly changing landscape, which is where you come in!
You will be responsible for creating and running an in-house tax function in a broad, hands-on role where you will be required to deliver on execution of initiatives.
We are calling for an exceptional individual, looking to function in a fast-paced operating business, to develop and grow our tax operation.
• Playing a vital part in developing and implementing the tax strategy of a dynamic technology Group.
• Responsible for creating and running an in-house tax function.
• Covering all areas of advisory and compliance across direct and indirect taxes, overseas permanent establishments, corporate residence and M&A.
• Working closely with top tier external advisors, as well as internal stakeholders across finance, legal and international business units, the Group Tax Manager will ensure that tax compliance and reporting is well managed.
• Spearhead tax projects and act as an ambassador for the Group, communicating key initiatives and driving the message of the importance of sound group tax management.
• Giving advice on tax risks including potential for legislative change in the context of "digital" related taxes".
• Advising on M&A tax considerations, from deal structure through to due diligence and integration.
• Support the finance function with internal tax audits and implementing intercompany agreements and transfer pricing agreements.
• Strong business partnering with the Chief Financial Officer, Legal team and Divisional Finance heads will be a key success criteria to ensure that tax compliance and reporting runs like clockwork.
• ACA/CTA-qualified preferably with a Top 10 firm
• Minimum of four years' inhouse corporate tax and commercial tax experience working within industry.
• Media, technology, or gaming industry experience highly desirable.
What you will get in return:
Alongside our competitive salaries, 5% pension contribution and 25 days annual leave we have something truly special in place to support your growth and recognize your talent:
• Annual discretionary bonus linked to business and personal performance
• Long term incentive plan to share in the growth of our business
• Choose your weapon to suit your skills (Windows or Mac)
• Own your career growth with our Growth Maps framework
• Be encouraged to stretch yourself to reach your true potential
• Get £1,000 development budget
• Flexible working to suit you
• Join us for a weeklong annual company retreat
• Never work on your birthday again – you’ll get your birthday off in addition to other leave!
• Recharge your batteries between Christmas & New Year (our offices are closed)
• Paid sabbatical when you hit milestones
• Regular team lunches, socials, drinks fridge, healthy snack cupboard to get you through the day
• Get kitted out with some great company merch