About the job
The VAT Manager will ensure all VAT compliance and advisory requirements for the UK are met, delivering quarterly VAT returns to HMRC and acting as the central point of contact for all VAT related queries for the business.
Over the next 12 months the VAT Manager will establish and improve the process for VAT returns, ensuring all compliance requirements are met, increasing business awareness and completing risk assessments.
● In depth VAT compliance experience (preparing VAT Returns)
● Experience interacting and dealing with HM Revenue and Customs
● Experience of dealing with VAT issues/ad hoc advisory
● At least 8 years experience
● Problem solver
● Ability to work under pressure and with multiple stakeholders
● Hands on and willingness to get involved in the delivery and take ownership.
● Ability to talk directly with the business and explain VAT in simple terms
● Ideally CTA qualified