Tax Manager - US GAAP EMEA Reporting & Special Projects
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
To £50,000 basic + car allowance, bonus (up to 15%) and excellent benefits
With thousands of hotels in more than 80 countries, Hilton Worldwide is one of the world’s premier hotel and leisure companies. The group continues to go from strength to strength and is at the beginning of a long period of intense activity acquiring other businesses and reorganising its structure to respond to its continued success.
The reorganisation has led to the creation of a new Tax Manager role to be based in the EMEA Headquarters in Watford UK. This role will play a key part in the development of US GAAP EMEA accounting and reporting strategy as well as spending a significant amount of time (circa 25%) on international tax project and planning work.
Working within a tax team of 5 and reporting to a Senior Tax Manager the responsibilities of the role include:
US GAAP Reporting
Foreign tax provision – quarterly and annual preparation of US GAAP based foreign current and deferred tax provisions to a strict time table. Reconciliation of foreign tax payable accounts. Tracking and maintaining inventories of income and withholding taxes paid including maintenance of tax receipts. Compilation of data for provision of US tax on foreign operations.
US Tax Return Compliance
Compilation of data for purposes of US Forms 5471 and 8858 and preparation of such forms.
International Tax Project Work
Perform special projects related to: i) tax accounting & other special tax research work, and ii) tax planning initiatives as directed by the Senior Director of International Tax.
Key skills and experience required:
• UK ACA/ACCA and/or CTA qualified or similarly qualified from overseas (e.g. US CPA).
• Experience of US or IFRS GAAP tax reporting for listed multinationals either gained in industry or public practice.
• Excellent technical, analytical and written/verbal communication skills and experience of coordinating with EMEA/global teams.
• An understanding of US or IFRS GAAP rules with respect to accounting for income taxes, the ability to interpret the company’s books and records and transactional accounting.
• Familiarity with the US tax return compliance process would be seen as an advantage.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office products, including Excel & Word.
• A good understanding of PeopleSoft and Hyperion would be useful, but not essential. Training can be provided.
This is the second such hire amongst a global initiative to roll out a new function for the tax department and as such will play an influential part in the function. Hilton Worldwide is committed to enhancing the careers of, and retaining its staff and this role will provide an excellent platform for launching your career within the Hilton group, as well as substantially enhancing your tax expertise.
Should you have any questions regarding this role or would like to apply for the position, please contact our retained search consultant Nick Matthews of Global Tax Search Limited using the form below.