This opportunity is a chance to work for a market leading business services group for a maternity leave cover (11 months). In this varied and challenging role, solid experience of UK tax, experience of tax reporting and accounting is required. Good excel/spreadsheet skills with a sound understanding of tax reporting and consolidation systems is essential, with any experience in SAP and BPC (Business Process Consolidation) a distinct benefit.
Commercial experience would be an advantage, although candidates from the profession will be considered. Experience and personality are important as the candidate will be joining an established department.
Year end work
* Review of certain overseas packs
* Completion/assistance with tax sections of UK packs
* Assistance with tax sections of overseas packs as required by local businesses
* Update of instructions for HY and YE packs
* Preparation & review of consolidation schedules
* Tax journals
* Preparation of notes for consolidated accounts
* Review of consolidated accounts
* Dealing with audit queries
Monthly tax reporting
* Preparation of consolidation schedules
* Review of tax numbers for the Board and prepare necessary tax journals
* Preparation of provisions for accounts and agreement with auditors
* Disclosure notes of all UK companies
* Preparation of returns for review
* Group relief schedules
* Review of tax accounts and managing payments for group relief
Payments on account
* Tax forecasts and estimating quarterly payments of Corporation Tax
* Dealing with P11Ds and PSA/Dispensation for head office
* Dealing with queries from Media in relation to P11Ds, PSA and Dispensation
* Dealing with adhoc queries
* Assistance as necessary
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Brewer Morris was established in 1987 as the UK's first recruitment consultancy to focus exclusively on the recruitment of taxation professionals. With over 25 years’ experience, we are firmly established as a market leader and take great pride in the enormous number of long-term business relationships that we have developed throughout the tax world.
We have also expanded our remit into the recruitment of Treasury professionals. This enables us to better serve our clients’ needs in niche areas and we firmly believe this business line complements the Tax specialist recruitment that you have come to know and trust.
From offices based in London, Melbourne and Sydney we recruit across the UK, Europe, The Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
Brewer Morris comprises three teams in the UK, covering the UK, European and Middle East markets:
Our Private Practice Team recruits tax specialists at all levels from Tax Assistant through to Tax Partner covering all tax disciplines. Our clients include all of the leading accountancy firms, national, regional and local practices throughout the UK. We also recruit throughout the legal profession.
Our In-House Team recruits for a sizeable range of Plcs, financial institutions and multinational companies, including many FTSE500 companies. We handle assignments at all levels from Tax Accountant to Head of Tax and specialist roles.
Our Interim Team is able to provide responsive and flexible resourcing solutions across tax teams in practice, financial services and commercial organisation at all levels and within all tax specialisms.
Our Asia Pacific practice is headquartered in Melbourne. From our Melbourne and Sydney offices, we work with top-tier and mid-tier law firms; Big 4, mid-tier and business services accountancy practices; and some of the largest multinational corporations and financial institutions throughout Australia and New Zealand, South East and East Asia.