Tax accounting and reporting specialist, international bank, Zurich
Would you like to join one of the world’s largest banks?
Our client is currently seeking a tax accounting and reporting specialist with a good understanding of IFRS. The person will work within the central group tax accounting department in Zurich and will work closely with colleagues in Switzerland, US and UK.
In order to be considered you should be a strong team player and posses the desire and ambition to undertake more challenging work and progress your career.
Key areas of work involvement include:
• Group Tax accounting process improvements
• Projects in relation to changes to accounting standards and their tax accounting implications
• Reviewing the corporate income tax P&L and balance sheet figures
• Assisting on an ongoing basis with deferred tax asset calculations for US and Swiss tax losses
To be considered for this role you should have the following:
• Professional qualification in accountancy (eg ACA, ACCA, CPA) and tax, or equivalent
• 3-4 years tax accounting experience in either a firm or accountants or working commercially – preferably with Finance sector experience (not a pre-requisite)
• Good knowledge of IFRS especially deferred tax accounting principles and excellent numerical and accounting skills
• Strong team player, able to work closely with international colleagues
• Strong English oral and written communication skills (German language skills are preferred but not a requirement)
• Strong business sense, efficient work style and good time management skills
• Good ability with MS Office products/general IT user skills
Maven Partners is a boutique taxation and financial advisory recruitment firm. We work with candidates on a bespoke basis to create opportunities in the market. For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Research Associate, Deborah Michels
Maven Partners is a specialist taxation recruitment services business. The partners have a wealth of experience in executive search, interim management and temporary recruitment.
At Maven Partners, we are holders and seekers of knowledge. In our case this refers to knowledge gained through experience, dedication, and perseverance. Knowledge is Maven's central value.
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, knowledge is defined as information and awareness gained through experience.