£40000 - £50000 per annum excellent benefits package
More jobs like this, directly to your inbox.
An excellent opportunity to join an independently owned oil and gas business, headquartered in Central London.
The Group is present in world-class exploration basins such as Brazil, Peru, Northern Iraq, Australia and the North Sea. Whilst their growth has been driven by acquisitions, the Group's strategy evolved rapidly towards increasing production and reserves, renewing licenses and securing additional acreage for new exploration and development opportunities.
They now have a balanced portfolio with a solid production base, development projects and high quality exploration prospects. A core component of the business' policy has also been to be operator of its assets.
Due to continued growth, there is now an opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join this high-achieving company.
Duties will include:
* Preparation of the quarterly group VAT returns, bi-annual Petroleum Revenue Tax returns and the annual Corporation Tax returns.
* Advising the upstream accounting team on tax compliance matters and performing the calculations of current and deferred tax.
* Assisting in the evaluation and implementation of tax saving opportunities, such as upstream tax incentives, R&D tax credits, charging into the ring-fence etc.
* Tax efficient recharging of London and Paris head office costs to the main overseas subsidiaries.
* Mitigation of tax risks in the operating subsidiaries, especially in relation to tax authority audits.
* Tax work in jurisdictions where the business does not have an office.
* Have good corporate tax practical experience in the upstream oil and gas business. This may either be entirely UK based, or a combination of UK and non-UK tax. Ideally you will also have experience of PRT and / or upstream CT returns.
To apply, please send your CV to William Hepworth
Morgan McKinley's Tax Practice and Tax In-House teams are two of the most established tax recruitment divisions in the marketplace, recruiting the highest calibre tax professionals across the practice, commercial, financial services and legal sectors in the UK.
Previously operating under the ECHM brand name, we have built excellent relationships with an impressive list of tax employers over the years, ranging from the Big 4 to independents and specialist tax boutiques as well as FTSE 100 companies, top legal firms, and SME?s.
We have built an unrivalled network of over 10,000 tax professionals who are typically ACA, CTA, ATT, ATII, STEP or Inland Revenue trained. They are with us, as are our clients, because of our consistent delivery of a professional and personal service.
Tax Practice The Tax Practice division advises clients and candidates at all levels, from ATT studiers through to Directors and Partners, recruiting across the six main areas of tax:
- Corporate Tax - Employee Issues - Expatriate Tax - Personal Tax - Indirect Tax - International Tax
Tax In-House The Tax In-House division completes permanent, temporary and interim assignments at all levels of seniority from Part Qualified ATT level Tax Assistants through to Heads of Tax across the following disciplines:
- Direct and Indirect Taxation - UK and International Taxation - Group Functions - In-house HR taxes specialists, including expatriate and compensation and benefits specialists. - Niche roles, such as specialists in banking products, property and insurance.
Our expert consultants across both teams come directly from tax or specialist recruitment backgrounds and are supported by an in-house research team. This gives the Tax teams an in-depth understanding of the markets in which they operate ? a direct benefit to employers and tax professionals.
Morgan McKinley. Talk to us. With 24 offices across eight countries including a national network of 10 offices in the UK, contact Morgan McKinley today to find out how we can help you with your next career move.