USA: Mid-Atlantic (DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV)
More jobs like this, directly to your inbox.
Newly created position. This is an opportunity to create, develop, and maximize global tax strategics. Report directly to the Head of Tax.
• Develop state and local income tax planning strategies for the business and corporate activities of the Company and its affiliates in the US.
• Advise on state income tax or other state (all 50 states) tax implications of Capital Markets and Wealth Management products and business activities when appropriate.
• Provide technical support in connection with Company’s state and local income tax governance and tax return compliance efforts as well as occasional state non-income tax matters.
• Help manage state and local tax dispute resolution (audit) activity.
• Work with Company’s tax and finance personnel to ensure proper booking of state income tax expense and appropriate reflection of risks in various Company legal entity financial statements.
• Collaborate with Company’s tax personnel to effect global tax strategies, minimize both US and non-US tax risks and ensure consistency across the enterprise when appropriate.
• Monitor state tax legislative and regulatory developments.
• Retain and direct outside tax advisors / tax counsel as necessary when approved by VP-Managing Director, US Taxation
• Provide tax advice and counsel to senior management and department heads
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications
• J.D. and/or CPA
• Approximately 10 years of experience (Senior Tax Manager) or approximately 5 years of experience for Tax Manager dealing with multistate tax issues preferably in financial services.
• Will strongly consider candidates who have MS/CPA or CPA, no JD, with heavy M&A, research and planning, and transactional experience.
• In addition, willing to consider 20 years of experience.
• Proven experience leading & managing complex projects, meeting tight concurrent deadlines, and working in a challenging, progressive and fast paced environment.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Internet based research tools.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• LL.M. Taxation or M.S. in accounting, tax or finance.
• Experience in financial services
• Public accounting and/or law firm background. Corporate experience also a plus.
You will be applying directly to the tax recruiter who has been hired to conduct a search for talented tax professionals.
Your resume will not be sent to any employer without your consent.
Accounting Career Network & Banking Career Network