Latest Tax Jobs
Corporate Tax Assistant, Media Industry, London , London
Group Tax Director - Exeter , Exeter
Expatriate Tax Senior Manager - Germany (In-House) , Munich (County)
Technical Analyst , City of London
Corporate Tax Manager , City of London
Senior Manager - Treasury Tax - Global FMCG brand , London
In-house Manager/Senior Manager , London
In-house Tax Analyst - Compensation and Benefits , Cheshire
Interim VAT Manager , London
VAT Manager - FTSE 100 Business , London
new search »
Senior Tax Manager, SALT
|Added:||10 May 2013|
|Region:||USA & Canada|
|Area:||USA: Mid-Atlantic (DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV)|
Newly created position. This is an opportunity to create, develop, and maximize global tax strategics. Report directly to the Head of Tax.
More jobs like this,
directly to your inbox.
• Develop state and local income tax planning strategies for the business and corporate activities of the Company and its affiliates in the US.
• Advise on state income tax or other state (all 50 states) tax implications of Capital Markets and Wealth Management products and business activities when appropriate.
• Provide technical support in connection with Company’s state and local income tax governance and tax return compliance efforts as well as occasional state non-income tax matters.
• Help manage state and local tax dispute resolution (audit) activity.
• Work with Company’s tax and finance personnel to ensure proper booking of state income tax expense and appropriate reflection of risks in various Company legal entity financial statements.
• Collaborate with Company’s tax personnel to effect global tax strategies, minimize both US and non-US tax risks and ensure consistency across the enterprise when appropriate.
• Monitor state tax legislative and regulatory developments.
• Retain and direct outside tax advisors / tax counsel as necessary when approved by VP-Managing Director, US Taxation
• Provide tax advice and counsel to senior management and department heads
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications
• J.D. and/or CPA
• Approximately 10 years of experience (Senior Tax Manager) or approximately 5 years of experience for Tax Manager dealing with multistate tax issues preferably in financial services.
• Will strongly consider candidates who have MS/CPA or CPA, no JD, with heavy M&A, research and planning, and transactional experience.
• In addition, willing to consider 20 years of experience.
• Proven experience leading & managing complex projects, meeting tight concurrent deadlines, and working in a challenging, progressive and fast paced environment.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Internet based research tools.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• LL.M. Taxation or M.S. in accounting, tax or finance.
• Experience in financial services
• Public accounting and/or law firm background. Corporate experience also a plus.
You will be applying directly to the tax recruiter who has been hired to conduct a search for talented tax professionals.
Your resume will not be sent to any employer without your consent.
|Recruiter:||Accounting Career Network & Banking Career Network|
All jobs advertised by Accounting Career Network & Banking Career Network
|Job seen:||5 times this month||
more recruiters >>