Manager, Transfer Pricing Tax - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
22 Jul 2014
USA & Canada
Excellent Salary + Benefits
More jobs like this, directly to your inbox.
Reach International is working with this global accountancy firm to appoint Transfer Pricing Tax Managers within the Calgary office. You will join a team of tax lawyers and accountants, economists and financial analysts with a remit to focus on tangible goods and services as well as transfers of intangible assets or group financing. Due to the buoyancy of the Canadian Transfer Pricing market this firm is seeking applications from individuals with international experience.
* Liaise with Partners regarding Transfer Pricing tax planning projects, researching and preparing policies and strategies as required
* Lead client engagements and teams of junior staff, including reviewing work and providing support as necessary
* Prepare appropriate responses to fiscal authority challenges including defence of existing prices, dispute resolution and negotiation where appropriate
* Ensure compliance with local requirements including policy design and document preparation
* Manage clientsâ€™ tax risks through assessing such risks, issuing challenges and designing strategies as appropriate
* Assist in practice development efforts with both existing and new clients
* 5+ years' experience of Transfer Pricing Tax within a public accounting firm
* Master's Degree or PhD in economics, law or commerce is ideal
* Professional Accountancy qualification (CA, CMA, CGA or equivalent) is advantageous
* Effective negotiation skills
* Proven track record of successfully leading client engagements
For further information on this role or other offshore or international opportunities in general, please contact the Transfer Pricing Team at Reach International
Please note; should you not be shortlisted for this particular role, your details will still be considered for all other relevant opportunities.
Expert in the Global Movement of Professional Talent...
Reach International is a market leading, professional recruitment group specialising in the placement of Taxation Professionals, from Newly Qualified to Partner level, exclusively into offshore and international locations.
We work in partnership, across the globe, with the Big 4 / Top 20 accountancy firms, multinational blue chips and leading banking and financial services institutions, together with the smaller independents and niche boutiques. Reach International's dedicated global tax team can facilitate your job search wherever in the world you want to work, equipping you with the support and advice you need to ensure your next career transition abroad is as smooth and successful as possible.
We are able to provide you with a full range of career opportunities in your location of choice, whether it be an opportunity to maximise your earning potential in an offshore location or a chance to further develop your career in a leading centre like Hong Kong, Sydney, Tokyo or New York.......
Our expertise, reputation and in-depth knowledge of the offshore and international markets ensures that you will be kept informed of global opportunities as soon as they arise, and our professional recruitment consultants will help guide your career in the right direction.
Working as your trusted partner, Reach International provides a first class service to its candidates, building long term relationships, encouraging openness and keeping in regular contact.
Whether it be offshore or internationally, each and every career move is critical and potentially life changing.
For a confidential discussion, please contact our Global Tax Director, Martin Vowden