Number 2 role in inhouse tax team in a global partnership. This tax director role could be based in either Sheffield or in London with travel to Sheffield. Helping to lead an international tax team your role will involve: business tax compliance, strategic tax advice, tax services to partners and International mobility.
Your role will include:
• Provision of strategic tax advice to optimise the tax position of the partners and the firm. Work will involve technical analysis and project management including instruction of UK and overseas advisors and liaison with accountants and legal advisors [internal and external]. Recent projects include review of the firm’s structure in Japan. Set up of procedures in relation undertaken on Indian clients and a tax compliance review programme.
• Management of Network co-ordination charges [management recharges] including transfer pricing documentation to support the charges.
• Management and development of profit extraction mechanisms, optimising the tax position of the partners and the firm.
• Management of the firm's tax charge, including withholding tax. Work will include providing advice on WHT and double tax relief claims.
• Managing advisors to ensure all filings and tax payments are made on a timely and accurate basis. Work includes liaison with non-UK offices to ensure compliance.
• Management and development of partners' tax reserving policies globally. Identifying and managing deferred tax issues for partners and the firm with global advisors and offices.
• Liaison with relevant tax authorities, including attendance at meetings and dealing with tax audits as required. Key objective is the maintenance of the firm's risk ratings in line with the firm's Tax Policy.
• Manage and advise on International mobility.
• Coaching and management of team.
This role would suit either an individual who is working in-house in an international partnership (ideally a legal firm), or a Big 4 trained individual with experience of international partnerships or a corporate tax trained individual with strong international tax experience and some partnership tax knowledge.
Georgiana Head Recruitment Ltd
Georgiana Head Recruitment Ltd is a recruitment consultancy that specialises in the Taxation Profession. We offer a bespoke service that is tailored to the needs of individual clients and candidates.
Our clients range from the Big 4 accountancy firms, the Top 20, niche tax boutiques, law firms and in-house tax departments. We deal with both direct and indirect taxes and all levels of tax staff from assistants through to Heads of Tax. We particularly specialise in the regions from the South Midlands up through the North of England and Scotland. However, we also do consultancy work for a selection of interesting roles in the South of England.
We are: Directors: Georgiana Head and Alison Tait - we both trained in tax and worked in the taxation profession before making the move into recruitment. We feel we offer an unparalleled level of experience and knowledge of the regional tax market and have a first hand understanding of our clients and candidates needs. We only specialise in taxation recruitment.