This is a newly created role based within a shared service centre of a major multinational business.
Our client seeks an indirect tax specialist to be responsible for the on going management of the submission of VAT returns, intrastat and EC Sales lists. This will involve close working with the General Ledger Team to ensure timely submission of returns and payments.
This role would suit someone with proven indirect tax experience and a flair for project management. The ideal candidate will already have some experience of VAT reporting systems. Your responsibilities will include:
• The timely submission of VAT returns and other reporting requirements for the UK and a wide range of countries with the EMEA region.
• Working closely with and reviewing the work prepared by the accounting team in the shared service centre and with an outsourcing provider.
• Providing on going support and guidance to the Accounts Payable Team in respect of the VAT implications of purchase invoices.
• Conducting continuous review and oversight of VAT process and controls with the shared service centre to implement new improvements.
• Management of the production of documentation from the shared service centre in the event of a Tax Audit across the EMEA region.
This role would suit someone with at least 4 years’ of VAT experience; and this will include some measure of process improvement experience. It is likely you will have a recognised professional qualification (AIIT, CTA ,ACA, ACCA, or equivalent). You will need to be self starter who has the ability to take the initiative in solving/researching problems. Ideally you will have some previous experience of working with SAP.
As this role is focused on tax reporting it is likely that the successful candidate will have worked in industry and will have experience of tax and accounting reporting systems, however, our client will also consider bright individuals from large accountancy firms who are looking for a change of direction. A background in indirect tax is however a pre-requisite. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a major international business in a key position. In return for your experience our client offers a generous benefits package.
Georgiana Head Recruitment Ltd
Georgiana Head Recruitment Ltd is a recruitment consultancy that specialises in the Taxation Profession. We offer a bespoke service that is tailored to the needs of individual clients and candidates.
Our clients range from the Big 4 accountancy firms, the Top 20, niche tax boutiques, law firms and in-house tax departments. We deal with both direct and indirect taxes and all levels of tax staff from assistants through to Heads of Tax. We particularly specialise in the regions from the South Midlands up through the North of England and Scotland. However, we also do consultancy work for a selection of interesting roles in the South of England.
We are: Directors: Georgiana Head and Alison Tait - we both trained in tax and worked in the taxation profession before making the move into recruitment. We feel we offer an unparalleled level of experience and knowledge of the regional tax market and have a first hand understanding of our clients and candidates needs. We only specialise in taxation recruitment.