Fantastic first move into industry!. Our client is a well known household name with an established in-house tax team. They are looking for a corporate tax adviser to assist with the management of the corporation tax compliance for the group. You will also undertake the associated tax for accounts and deferred tax calculations. Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
• The preparation and submission of the corporate tax computations and returns for a portfolio of group companies;
• Preparing the year end and quarterly provisions for statutory and group reporting;
• Dealing with claims and elections;
• Liaising with the internal finance team when collating information for the returns;
• Providing specialist advice to support planning projects within the group, including both tax projects and wider group initiatives;
• Dealing with HMRC enquiries;
You will ideally be ACA/CTA/ICAS/ACCA/ATT qualified with a minimum of 3 years’ UK corporate tax experience, ideally from a Big 4 or Top 20 firm. You should also have a good understanding of accounts and accounting under IFRS. Finally you must be a team player, with a passion for tax who is able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Georgiana Head Recruitment Ltd
Georgiana Head Recruitment Ltd is a recruitment consultancy that specialises in the Taxation Profession. We offer a bespoke service that is tailored to the needs of individual clients and candidates.
Our clients range from the Big 4 accountancy firms, the Top 20, niche tax boutiques, law firms and in-house tax departments. We deal with both direct and indirect taxes and all levels of tax staff from assistants through to Heads of Tax. We particularly specialise in the regions from the South Midlands up through the North of England and Scotland. However, we also do consultancy work for a selection of interesting roles in the South of England.
We are: Directors: Georgiana Head and Alison Tait - we both trained in tax and worked in the taxation profession before making the move into recruitment. We feel we offer an unparalleled level of experience and knowledge of the regional tax market and have a first hand understanding of our clients and candidates needs. We only specialise in taxation recruitment.