Latest Tax Jobs
Tax Accountant -In-house , Chester
Tax Accountant (Edina - Manufacturing) , Edina
In-House Tax Accountant , North Manchester/ Lancashire
Expatriate Tax Manager ? Magic Circle London Firm - Ł55-Ł65000 , London
Mixed Tax Accountant , London
International Tax Advisor (UK Experience Not Essential) , West London
Senior Tax Manager for Global Investment Bank , City of London
Corporate Tax at Headquarters for International FMCG, Middlesex , Middlesex
Corporate Tax Accountant- In House - Kingston upon Thames , Kingston upon Thames
Global Indirect Tax Senior Manager, Compliance, West London - ŁAttractive , West London
new search »
General Accounting Team Member - Cork
|Added:||21 Nov 2012|
|Region:||Europe (except UK)|
GENERAL ACCOUNTING TEAM MEMBER
More jobs like this,
directly to your inbox.
REPORTS TO General Accounting Team Leader
BASED AT Cork
To ensure accuracy, completeness and timely processing of all related transactions in the General Accounting team in accordance with the Internal and External Accounting Guidelines for the Shared Service Centre (SSC).
Key areas include:
* Create and post GL journals as appropriate
* Month-end US GAAP reporting
* Preparation of relevant balance sheet account reconciliation's
* Review of P&L for reasonableness and accuracy / cost centre reporting.
* Review bank reconciliation's as appropriate
* Hub accounting / daily, weekly and monthly recs.
* Work with large volumes of data and analyse same
* Manage and generate manual recharges
* Quarterly and ad hoc schedules
* Generate and manage loans / debts statements as required, calculate and book interest.
* Background and extensive knowledge in statutory accounts preparation for EMEA jurisdictions
* Ability to complete bridges between USGAAP numbers and local GAAP
* Assume main responsibility for dealing with local audit firms and ensuring statutory audits are conducted in efficient, effective and timely manner
* Assume responsibility for Intercompany balances for EUSSC and resolution of all intercompany differences in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Assume responsibility for ensuring all intercompany transactions are supported by agreements
* Interface with various accounting personnel in the SSC, local business unit, and divisional management, in order to fulfil the requirement of the role.
* Participation in key SSC projects & initiatives, including corporate balance sheet reviews.
* Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements and completion of cross-departmental testing where applicable.
* Contribute to the achievement of service level performance targets
* Committed approach to team work
* Willing to assume responsibility for resolving internal customer problems
* Able to maintain and project a helpful and courteous attitude under any circumstances
* Resilient under pressure and able to quickly adapt to unforeseen work demands
* Self motivated and willing to learn new skills to progress within the SSC
* Can demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
* Good listening and communication skills.
* A willingness to go the extra mile to ensure tight deadlines are met.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Able to work under pressure and deal positively with difficult situations
* Has sensitivity and adopts a positive approach to problem solving
* Financial and commercial awareness, numeracy skills
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
* Qualified Accountant
* USGAAP experience
* High volume reconciliation experience
* Statutory accounting experience
* Audit experience
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Excellent knowledge of GA processes and procedures
* Strong Analytical skills
* Fully competent in Microsoft Excel
* Technically competent
* Fluency in English
Morgan McKinley's Tax Practice and Tax In-House teams are two of the most established tax recruitment divisions in the marketplace, recruiting the highest calibre tax professionals across the practice, commercial, financial services and legal sectors in the UK.
Previously operating under the ECHM brand name, we have built excellent relationships with an impressive list of tax employers over the years, ranging from the Big 4 to independents and specialist tax boutiques as well as FTSE 100 companies, top legal firms, and SME?s.
We have built an unrivalled network of over 10,000 tax professionals who are typically ACA, CTA, ATT, ATII, STEP or Inland Revenue trained. They are with us, as are our clients, because of our consistent delivery of a professional and personal service.
The Tax Practice division advises clients and candidates at all levels, from ATT studiers through to Directors and Partners, recruiting across the six main areas of tax:
- Corporate Tax
- Employee Issues
- Expatriate Tax
- Personal Tax
- Indirect Tax
- International Tax
The Tax In-House division completes permanent, temporary and interim assignments at all levels of seniority from Part Qualified ATT level Tax Assistants through to Heads of Tax across the following disciplines:
- Direct and Indirect Taxation
- UK and International Taxation
- Group Functions
- In-house HR taxes specialists, including expatriate and compensation and benefits specialists.
- Niche roles, such as specialists in banking products, property and insurance.
Our expert consultants across both teams come directly from tax or specialist recruitment backgrounds and are supported by an in-house research team. This gives the Tax teams an in-depth understanding of the markets in which they operate ? a direct benefit to employers and tax professionals.
Morgan McKinley. Talk to us.
With 24 offices across eight countries including a national network of 10 offices in the UK, contact Morgan McKinley today to find out how we can help you with your next career move.
All jobs advertised by Morgan McKinley
|Job seen:||13 times this month||
more recruiters >>