BSkyB is the operator of the UK's largest digital pay television platform, Sky digital. Sky also owns and operates 28 channels, including Sky One, Sky News, Sky Travel, the Sky Sports channels and the Sky Movies channels.
With turnover in excess of Â£4bn and operating profits of Â£800m, the group's aim is to maximise value for shareholders by focusing on continued expansion of the subscriber base, investment in programming, innovation in products and services and investment in infrastructure.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Tax an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Tax professional to join the Tax team. This is a pivotal role within the Tax function, offering plenty of variety in terms of UK focussed advisory and project work in this fast paced environment, as well as the opportunity to lead and shape the on-going improvements being made to the Tax reporting and compliance processes. The department enjoys a high profile and this role will suit candidates with an in-depth knowledge of UK tax law who are able to vary the delivery of that expertise to suit varied audiences, who have a natural ability to lead and inspire and who have a proven track-record of delivering tangible results in a fast-moving and demanding environment.
You will have responsibility for
* Giving actionable Tax insight and advice to both operational business units and central Corporate functions
* Providing Tax leadership for Group-wide projects and initiatives
* Reviewing key Tax compliance and reporting outputs
* Raising awareness of Tax across the business
* Ensuring compliance with the group's SAO and risk controls environment
* Leading a team of 3 Corporate Tax specialists and working collaboratively with Tax colleagues who are in charge of Indirect Tax, Employment Tax and international issues
* Assisting the Deputy Director of Tax in executing the group's Tax strategy
The successful candidate will have the following:
* Recent experience of more complex Tax issues and a proven track record of mitigating potential downsides
* Very strong technical ability - likely to be ACA/CTA with c8 years PQE - however other candidates who consider themselves well suited to the role should not be deterred from applying
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Strong CV demonstrating tangible value-creation over a sustained period
* Excellent time-management skills and reliability under pressure
* Some experience of compliance management, particularly where outputs are produced within a shared service centre environment
* Able to work on own initiative and possessing a high-level of attention to detail
* Evidence of good judgement, commitment to an open and transparent way of working and of working within an SAO/SOX controlled environment
Pure Recruitment Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles. Pure Recruitment Group Limited aims to promote diversity and equal opportunity through its work - we monitor and evaluate our performance on a regular basis.
Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience that we anticipate will be needed to fulfil the position. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role and they will be considered on an equal basis.
Pure Search - Taxation
Pure was established in 1999 and is the UKâ€™s leading tax recruitment firm, a market positioning which reflects the expertise and knowledge of our consultants. This in conjunction with the strength of our network, has enabled us to partner with the vast majority of the FTSE100, all the major banks and the Big4, ensuring they have access to the best talent for their businesses.
Our consultants are sector focused as well as specialists in the different tax disciplines, across both permanent and interim recruitment. This ensures that every solution provided is bespoke.
With dedicated teams in London, Hong Kong and Singapore, Pure provides expert support to overseas multinationals across the UK, EMEA and Asia-Pac.