Â£48000 - Â£56000 per annum Excellent Associated Benefits
More jobs like this, directly to your inbox.
About The Firm:
An excellent opportunity to join one of the World's best known Oil and Gas providers (Chevron) in the London HQ in Canary Wharf, London as an experienced Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will be in charge of taking full ownership for monthly payroll for 1500 staff split into 4 different payroll areas. They will be tasked with the management for outsourced payroll vendor management and would be expected to set up and manage a strategy to ensure payroll processes and improvement plans are in place.
The Payroll Manager will work within my client's regional London HR Shared Services (HRSS) function. The role will be working closely with a number of HRSS functions (including the Expatriate HR, Expatriate Tax contacts) plus domestic finance and international payroll teams. The Payroll Manager will have oversight of all UK payroll areas and will deliver oversight, recommendations and best practice guidance to senior management and key payroll stakeholders.
About The Role:
* Manage and validate day to day payroll operations via outsourced payroll which involves coordinating with the outsourced payroll provider, taking ownership to resolve payroll issues, acting as the central point of contact between outsourced payroll and internal functions who interface with payroll
* Ensure that annual and monthly statutory tax filings are compliant and processed timely
* Work in conjunction with Expat Tax and Payroll to ensure there is a robust and smooth process in place that ensures Chevron stay compliant through the payroll and with HMRC
* Complete the monthly and annual payroll validation process for all payroll areas
* Work closely with the Tax Team to ensure outbound Expatriates are processed correctly
* Manage finance interface issues and undertake changes to finance journals (if required)
* Manage technical payroll issues (e.g. Payroll interface files) and work with provider and Chevron IT support to resolve in a timely manner to ensure that efficiency is maintained
* Project lead role or central resource for key projects that either require legislation changes or system improvement projects
* Benchmark with industry to keep abreast of industry trends and best Practices
* Review payroll processes and agree improvement plans with Operations Manager and provider
* Organise and lead Payroll Operations meetings
* Accountable for all payroll related actions resulting from Operations meetings
* Compile vendor SLA's and payroll performance reports, providing a monthly report out to Operations Manager and delivery during payroll governance meetings
* Ensure payroll provider focuses on continuous improvement in the delivery of payroll services through process efficiency, upgrades and system effectiveness
* Educate HR Shared Services on payroll efficiency and improvement, working closely with HR, Expat HR, Tax and Internal and compliance audit stakeholders
* Maintain ownership and control of data for trusted sources list purposes, undertaking annual audit and ensuring that payroll data requests follow company protocols of SPD
* Manage outsourced payroll provider to ensure that legislation updates, system upgrades and all payroll interfaces are fully applied and functioning efficiently
* Work closely with 3rd parties (internal and external) to provide payroll data in a timely manner and manage queries / amendments accordingly
* Work with HRSS resources to ensure payroll and system are SOX compliant, supporting annual SOX testing when required
* Payroll Manager with 8-10> years experience
* Degree qualified with CIPP qualification (or relevant experience)
* Experience of managing Expat payroll and outsourced payroll is essential
* Awareness of HR policies and procedures
* Knowledge of payroll related legislation changes such as RTI and Auto Enrolment and other payroll related employment legislation
* Knowledge of general practices and principles of finance processes is crucial in order to partner with Finance to the support resolution to payroll related finance journal issues, queries and changes
* Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
* Experience working within an international work environment will be of benefit
The Next Steps:
Please contact Alexander Vann @ Pure Search to discuss this role or for a confidential discussion about your career
Pure Recruitment Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles. Pure Recruitment Group Limited aims to promote diversity and equal opportunity through its work - we monitor and evaluate our performance on a regular basis.
Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience that we anticipate will be needed to fulfil the position. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role and they will be considered on an equal basis.
Pure Search - Taxation
Pure was established in 1999 and is the UKâs leading tax recruitment firm, a market positioning which reflects the expertise and knowledge of our consultants. This in conjunction with the strength of our network, has enabled us to partner with the vast majority of the FTSE100, all the major banks and the Big4, ensuring they have access to the best talent for their businesses.
Our consultants are sector focused as well as specialists in the different tax disciplines, across both permanent and interim recruitment. This ensures that every solution provided is bespoke.
With dedicated teams in London, Hong Kong and Singapore, Pure provides expert support to overseas multinationals across the UK, EMEA and Asia-Pac.