Position: Director of Tax Accounting
Location: Pearl River, NY***Relocation assistance available***
Our client is a large multinational public company that operates in over 100 countries. This position will oversee the company’s global tax accounting and also be involved with other special high level projects including tax planning, research, M&A, etc.
• Oversight and management of the consolidated tax accounting and reporting package that is delivered to attest auditors for their review in accordance with ASC 740, IAS 12 and SSAP 10. Includes managing the quarterly and year-end tax closing and reporting process, the FIN 18 tax rate and provision calculations, effective tax rate analysis, legal entity tax basis balance sheets, and identifying discreet items on a legal entity basis.
• Review non-U.S. tax provision calculations and resolve income tax accounting issues with non-U.S. tax professionals.
• Manage current and deferred tax reporting for all domestic and foreign legal entities pursuant to ASC 740. Includes analysis and determination of valuation allowances, APB 23 and FAS 52 translation adjustments.
• Analyze potential tax exposures and determine appropriate tax reserves pursuant to Company policy, ASC 740, and FAS 5. Prepare and maintain all required documentation to support tax reserves and for discussion with attest auditors.
• Manage tax footnotes and other income tax disclosures for SEC filings.
• Manage and analyze legal entity current and forecasted P&L’s and evaluate income tax accounting issues. Analyze monthly variances to determine impact on tax accounting.
• Manage quarterly SOX 404 internal control procedures for tax accounting and ensure all processes are properly documented and tested. Coordinate with internal and attest
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• Minimum eight years of diverse tax accounting experience preferably in public accounting or large multi-national company.
• Active learner with strong leadership and development, analytical / problem solving and written / verbal communication skills.
• Strong applied knowledge base of accounting, global income tax, and GAAP rules.
• Proficient in Sarbanes Oxley 404 rules and their application to all tax functions.
• Ability to develop and implement "Best Practice" processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
The Addo Group
Experts in finding Tax Professionals:
At the Addo Group we are one of the few recruiting firms in the US dedicated to the Tax profession. We know Tax, and understand that in each industry, and size of your organization, come unique tax issues that only the right talent can serve. Whether you are struggling with attracting hard to find tax professionals, building up your tax department or your hiring deadline is closing in; we have the resources and networks to find the person you are looking for.